Amy's brother and I took a coach at 5am from the village. We then had a ride in the darkness up the mountain on snow ski mobiles. The ride was fairly full on.
At the top we were dropped off and had to find out own way up unguided. Amy's head touch dropped off my noggin on the bumpy ride so lucky I had Lila's little torch in my bag.
What I like about the Chinese experience compared to the Australian one, is that it's not so controlled and over safety emphasised. It was a little worrying going up the mountain in darkness, but also part of the adventure. And there were plenty of people around, as you can see later.
The first lights were amazing. We thought we were too high up and the angle and tress had blocked our view of the actual sunrise, and then unexpectedly, up came a red Sun. Truly spectacular.
It was very cold up there, something between -30c and -40, but all was good with many multiple layers.
The mad ride down over the moguls was worth the money alone. I could certainly ride a wild horse after that!!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment